Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Wheeled Waving Man of Welch Road

Most mornings this man can be seen on my commute. He sits on this little scooter thing in his driveway and waves to cars. Not all cars. I haven't figured out how he selects which cars are granted his wave, and I have sometimes not received one. This morning I didn't. He appears to be sleeping today.

Why does he do it? I've no idea. Maybe he sees it as some sort of community outreach, a ministry of sorts. Maybe he is just spreading cheer and goodwill to the people about to cut each other off as the two lanes merge to one and the morning cursing of our fellow man begins. Short of interviewing him, I will never know his motive. At any rate, I usually wave to him. 

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home